scirocco.ro forum
forumul entuziastilor Scirocco/Corrado din Romania

SearchSearch Private messagesPrivate messages MemberlistMemberlist ProfileProfile Log inLog in RegisterRegister 
www.scirocco.ro logo

hello again..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    scirocco.ro forum Forum Index -> English Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWPowered

car: - 1.1 TS
license_no:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: hello again.. Reply with quote

well me on a bit of a quest, as much as like it we are thinking of leaving france and have been thinking of moving to romania, we have looked at propertys that we like (on the net) but would like some advice.

1. What is healthcare like..
2. What are schools like..
3. What prices does property go for (we have little money at all in fact)
4. Is it hard to get parts for Volkswagens..
5. what is like running a business import/export

( i have a pregnant wife and a 1 year old baby girl Smile )

where are the best places to learn the language as i have looked and found nothing on the internet..

i see you guys meet up and will proberley be importing my English Scirocco (as photos) would it be hard to transfer onto romanian plates??

bizaare qustions i know, but just normal problems we have encounted in france..

any help gratfully received Razz

VWPowered

license_no:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh yes my scirocco Rolling Eyes

scirocco
Site Admin

car: scirocco mk1 1980 gt
license_no: CJ-80-MKI

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. What is healthcare like..
2. What are schools like..
3. What prices does property go for (we have little money at all in fact)
4. Is it hard to get parts for Volkswagens..
5. what is like running a business import/export

6. Your Scirocco can be registered in Romania if you pay a special tax, and it depends on the pollution norm (non-EURO, EURO-1) . values can be:
Scirocco 1.8 : EURO1 = 623.35 EURO
Scirocco 1.8 : non-EURO = 1870.05 EURO
Scirocco 1.6 : EURO1 = 436.70 EURO
Scirocco 1.6 : non-EURO = 1310 EURO

And it would cost you another 50 EUROs for other taxes, (say, random license plate: about 12 EUROS, prefferential license plate: 24 EURO)
and the mandatory insurrance about 100 EUR/year

1). healthcare: you must pay your contribution to medical insurrance and you benefit of free treatment. but this free treatment is kind of a bad quality, for example almost no one uses state (free) dental care services.

2). state schools are ok, but the things they learn aren't very useful and the school programs are loaded with lots of unnecessary crap... first 12 years are free. there are private schools, also. the university is free for a limited number of students. otherwise can cost about 500 euro / year or more.

3). Prices for properties in big cities like cluj : for an apartment between ~ 30-100.000 euros for a house from ~ 80.000 euros, in rural zones can be pretty cheap especially in remote areas. Rent in big cities can be like 150-300+ EURos/month.

4). volkswagens are pretty common, but no sciroccos , plenty of golfs and passats.

5). about running a bussiness I have little information, but registering a new company is pretty cheap.

Overall, Romania can be a pretty cheap place to live in rural areas if you have some money but big cities require a good job.

bugtuner

car: -
license_no: -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For getting romanian numer plates on you Scirocco there is a big taxe. The gouvernament said that without this taxes, the county will be invaded with used car from the west. So for a car that in france you are buying it with 50-300 euro (mk2 golf for example) you must pay a taxe almost 10 times the value of the car. For new cars this taxe is eliminated. But being from EU you can easily keep the car with France numbers. (of course you pay insurance and taxes in France) In Romania, for one year you must pay a tax of 15-20 euros to the gouvernament, and 100-120 euro for insurance, and 50 eu for technical inspection every 2 years. So is around 160-200 euro per year, all that you must pay in order to be legal. I don't know in France how much money you need for the car for an year, but if it is very much 800-1000 euro (I realy dont know) you will be in profit where after 2-3 years. And one more thing, romanian language and france language are quite similar, it will be much easier for you to learn romanian that the russian language, hungarian, german, and most of the languages in east-europe. (PS Careefour has shops in Romania also) Very Happy
VWPowered

license_no:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info guys, just so you know the 2 yearly inspection in france is also 50E insurance for a person with new license on 1.6 Golf 2 is about 400e per yaer so about the same, as much as we like france its much to expensive here now and its full of goverment problems, we just want to be somewhere where we can relax and not have to work our fingers to the bone to make ends meet each month, im not saying it would be easier there, just with the current market herre id never be able to afford a house for me, my sciroccos and my family, so feel a change is in order Smile

we are hoping in the next few months to visit romania and make our minds up fully Smile

sciroccokartei

car: Scirocco L, 1976, 50PS
license_no: -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: VWPowered Reply with quote

Hello and welcome.

Please register on my site. Wink

2471 cars
DanS23

car: -VW SCIROCCO MK I ,II
license_no: GPP-CYi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Au lieu de la Roumanie dans de nombreux endroits pour trouver pitoresti.Cheltuielile le silence et l'entretien sont très élevés. Tigarile d'avoir un prix encore plus bas, le gaz est de 1 euro et 20 centi.Probeleme trafic, ne sont pas tout à fait autostrazi.Soselele pauvres et la mise en décharge. Les villes sont belles Timisoara, Cluj, Oradea, Brasov.Piese trouver la VW, scirocco greu.In reste est un très beau pays.

AB-33_WOB

car: -mk1 SCIROCCO G60 KOMPRESSOR
license_no: AB-33-WOB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, i think you need to learn more about life in romania. i think the bigest problem around heare is the same that you have there. the difference: there you have better salarys at the same lifecosts! i wold't leave to live in another place, but i din't advize anyone to come here ither. the only winner solution to cone here is for someone hwo ave some cash.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    scirocco.ro forum Forum Index -> English Corner All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: